How to Work as an Internationally Trained Physiotherapist in Singapore (Updated)

If you’re an internationally trained physiotherapist and you’d like to start working in Singapore, you’ll need to follow these steps:

Obtain recognition from the Allied Health Professions Council (AHPC): The AHPC is the regulatory body responsible for physiotherapy practice in Singapore. You’ll need to submit an application to the AHPC and provide proof of your qualifications, work experience, and registration status in your home country.

To be eligible for registration, the applicant must:

  1. Possess a basic/primary professional qualification in his profession [e.g. BSc (Diagnostic Radiography) for a Diagnostic Radiographer or BSc (Physiotherapy) for a Physiotherapist];
  2. Be bona fide;
  3. Have an offer of employment in his profession in Singapore; and
  4. Be of good standing/reputation/character.

 The Council will also consider other factors, where applicable, such as:

  1. Work experience and history (e.g. whether the applicant has been in active clinical practice, professional practice experience);
  2. Registration with other licensing authorities (e.g. National Environment Agency, overseas regulatory authorities);
  3. Passing the National Licensure Examination in their country of training and/or practice;
  4. Evidence of proficiency in English Language;
  5. Physical and mental health status;
  6. Post-graduate qualifications where applicable; and
  7. Passing the Qualifying Examination (QE) if applicable. 

Register with the AHPC: Once your qualifications and work experience have been assessed and recognized, you’ll need to register with the AHPC in order to practice as a physiotherapist in Singapore.

Find a Physiotherapy job in Singapore:

There are many private physiotherapy clinics, hospital-based physiotherapy departments, and community health centers that may be hiring physiotherapists. You can also use online job search websites and professional networks to help you find job opportunities.


It’s worth noting that the AHPC may require you to complete additional training or continuing professional development (CPD) courses in order to ensure that you are up-to-date with the latest physiotherapy practices and standards in Singapore.

+ There are no comments

Add yours