Physiotherapy Masters Programs in Ireland for Foreign Trained Physiotherapists
University College Dublin
Professional Masters of Physiotherapy (previously called MSc Physiotherapy Pre-registration Programme)
This is a Graduate Entry programme is for graduates that want to change their career path to Physiotherapy (Physical Therapy).
This programme is fully accredited by the Irish Society of Chartered Physiotherapists and CORU, the Health and Social Care Professions regulatory body of Ireland.
This is a good course for any foreign trained physiotherapist who wants to work in Ireland or get an international job as Physiotherapists who hold this ProfMasters Physiotherapy Degree from University College Dublin are working in the USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Europe, Africa and South East Asia.
Graduates that qualify to take this course are those who have an upper second class honours in
Clinical Human Anatomy
Applied Human Anatomy
Applied Human Biomechanics
Research Methods and Statistics
Their motivation to switch to Physiotherapy must also be demonstrated through providing a professional CV and a personal statement outlining their interest.
Graduates of this programme are eligible for membership of the Irish Society of Chartered Physiotherapists.
Applicants whose first language is not English must also demonstrate English language proficiency of IELTS 6.5, (no band less than 6.0 in each element), or equivalent.
This is the only full time Physiotherapy Masters Degree program in University College Dublin
Other Graduate Physiotherapy Programs in University College Dublin are part-time and therefore only open to those already resident in Ireland or other EU countries.
Master of Science Sports Physiotherapy
Duration: 2years (Part-time)
This programme equips physiotherapists to work in sports physiotherapy at an international level.
This is a part-time course for Physiotherapists with at least 2 years experience.
Physiotherapists are trained in all aspects of Sports Physiotherapy, integratings science(exercise/pain physiology and
biomechanics) with sports psychology, clinical examination, screening, manual and exercise physiotherapy.
There is extensive exposure to practical sessions, as you will also be attached to sports teams.
Trinity College Dublin
M.Sc Sports and Exercise Medicine
1 year : Full time
2 years: Part time
Entry Requirements for Physiotherapists:
– Level 8 degree at 2nd class honours or equivalent level in physiotherapy.
– ISCP, CSP (UK) or EU equivalent state registration as a physiotherapist, prior to applying for the course.
– All applicants with physiotherapy and/or physical therapy degrees from non-EU universities must undergo prior Irish state equivalence procedures (CORU) before applying for the course.
Those with appropriate clinical experience in athlete/team service provision will be prioritised.
Course Director: Dr. Nick Mahony
Telephone Number: +353-1-896 1182
University College Cork
2years: Full time
– Undergraduate Honours Degree, NFQ Level 8, at Second Class Honours Grade 1 in a physiotherapy, Anatomy, Physiology, Biomedical Science, Medicine, Nursing, Occupational Therapy, Physical Education, Sports Conditioning/Rehabilitation.
– Second Class Honours Grade 2 degree will be considered on a case by case by basis, subject to approval by the course director.
– In exceptional circumstances candidates without an honours degree OR with an Honours degree in a field unrelated to the discipline of Physiotherapy may be recommended for entry to the programme after a review of their qualifications and experience by the programme lead. The admission of such candidates will be subject to the approval of the College of Medicine and Health Executive Committee.